Regional Traffic Signals Management
Purpose: To provide the traffic signal engineering services needed to support the PACTS 62-traffic signal regional traffic management system in Westbrook, South Portland, Scarborough and Portland. We will add ten signals to this management system after the 2014 completion of the Biddeford-Saco traffic signals system upgrade.
Status: Consultant to be hired in June 2014. Study scheduled for completion in 2015.
Scope: The traffic engineering consultant will communities will collaborate on the following goals regarding traffic signals:
- Fund “regional system maintenance” of traffic signals
- Standardization of traffic signal hardware and software
- Monitor and maintain regionally our investments in signal equipment and optimization
- Centrally collect traffic data for intersections at established regular intervals
- Seek other available funds through Maine DOT programs, including federal homeland security funding
- Enabling of “bus transit priority” (extended green light time)