Got transportation planning ideas?
Posted: August 23rd, 2017 Deadline: Thu, Sep 21, 2017
We are looking for ideas as we develop the PACTS regional transportation planning work program for the next two years. So far we have adopted these planning priorities for the next two years which help to advance the recommendations in our regional transportation plan, Destination 2040 – and we have also received study proposals from our member municipalities and transit agencies. Our priorities are:
- To increase the technical capacity of PACTS regarding pavement management, traffic signal management, transportation performance measuring and development of bicycle/pedestrian plans and projects.
- To begin implementation of our 2017 Regional Transit Development Plan Phase 1 (to be adopted this fall), and to develop an aspirational longer term Regional Transit Plan Phase 2. (Contact Stephanie Carver at GPCOG for details.)
- To continue to develop and pursue strategies to lower the cost of transportation capital projects.
- To integrate key transportation and land-use plans to preserve the long-term capacity of the region’s transportation assets.
- To develop a priority list of regional transportation projects that would inform PACTS Policy Committee recommendations for pursuing funding opportunities, in the event that Congress substantially increases federal transportation funding.
In 2018 and 2019 we will also continue much of the planning work that we have been doing for many years: organizing improvements to our regional traffic signal systems, many public transportation studies and supporting work, and other topics which you can read about in the Plans and Studies section of our website.
We welcome your suggestions and questions. Please contact John Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 774-9891, extension 205.