Transit TIP Amendments
Posted: April 14th, 2017 Deadline: Mon, Apr 24, 2017
PUBLIC NOTICE – April 14, 2017
Pursuant to Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Circular 9030.1E, Chapter 5: The public involvement procedures associated with TIP development were used to satisfy the program-of-projects requirements of the Urbanized Area Formula Program under Section 5307.
Section 5307 grantees rely on PACTS’ public participation process to satisfy its public participation requirements for the program of projects (POP). Public notice of public participation activities and time established for public review of and comments on the TIP satisfies the Program of Projects requirements for the following agencies:
- Casco Bay Island Transportation District (CBITD); Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority’s (NNEPRA); Shuttlebus-Zoom (BSOOB), Greater Portland Transit District (Metro), South Portland Bus Service (SPBS), and York County Community Action Corporation (YCCAC)
PACTS (Portland Area Comprehensive Transportation System) is responsible for carrying out much of the transportation planning in the greater Portland urbanized area. PACTS intends to amend the Transit element of its 2017-2020 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) for the Fiscal Year 2017, in the following manner:
Proposed Amended Status:
- Decreases to the FTA Program 5337 Capital Assistance (PIN #20625.17) 2017 budgets to NNEPRA and CBITD;
- Increase to the FTA Program 5307 Planning (PIN TBD) 2017 budget for South Portland Bus Service (SPBS);
- Decreases to the FTA Program 5307 Operating Assistance (PIN #22762.17), Capital Assistance (PIN #20646.17), and ADA Operating (PIN #18869.17), 2017 budgets for:
- Shuttlebus-Zoom (BSOOB), Greater Portland Transit District (Metro), South Portland Bus Service (SPBS), York County Community Action Corporation (YCCAC), Casco Bay Island Transportation District (CBITD), and Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority (NNEPRA);
PACTS is soliciting comments from the public on the proposed changes. Comments shall be made in writing via email or fax, and received on or before 4:00 p.m., April 24, 2017. Please see the following Public Notice for details on the proposed changes, and how to submit comments.